Friday 16 September 2011

MICHAEL MUSTO LAUNCHES NEW ANTHOLGY - AND DISHES ROSIE O'DONNELL!

Michael Musto launches his new anthology of columns and essays Fork on the Left, Knife in the Back (Vantage Point Books) on September 19 in New York City


(September 16) Ab-fab Village Voice gossip columnist Michael Musto launches his new just-published anthology of timeless star-studded anecdotes and essays Fork on the Left, Knife in the Back (Vantage Point Books) at NYC's Copacabana on Sept 19.

I chatted with the famed columnist this week for my POP TART blog in The Montreal Gazette, about everything from outing celebrities to having sex with groupies.

“Believe it or not, years ago, when Rosie O’Donnell wasn’t out, I was writing week after week that she needed to more than announce herself as Lebanese,” Michael recalls. “She needed to say the real L word.  And it obviously got to her. She hosted the Tonys one year and during the commercial break, just for the live audience, she made a remark about how she was allowed to costume Raquel Welch for Victor/Victoria. That was a saphically-tinged remark and later at the after-party Rosie came up to me sand said, ‘Well, that remark was for you. Maybe now you’ll stop writing about my private life.’ Obviously I’d gotten her goat and it was a step in her explosion like a cannonball out of the closet. We’re all friends now. Today she’s even gayer than I am!"

Gayer than Musto? Uh, I don't think so. Congrats on the new book, Michael!

Read more Michael Musto in POP TART.

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment